Ethiopian New Year Party – September 10-11, an occasion for all Ethiopians to join together share and experience the Ethiopian tradition and culture. People from other cultures are also welcome. There will be food and drinks, music, drama, fashion show, displaying paintings and craft works, speeches, and award presentation. Important guests include Mayor of Wellington, Grant Robertson MP for Wellington Central and Paul Eagle Deputy Mayor (and nominee for the Rongotai electorate seat.) and Annette King retiring MP for Rongotai.
Reinforce Ethiopian culture and tradition to ensure community values are maintained and get people enjoy the party.
257 Riddiford Street Newtown – Polish Hall
Starts at 3pm please be there on time so you don’t miss the speeches, awards, drama and dancing.
- Event planning with cost estimate
- Preparing event day schedule and assign responsibility to people
- Practicing drama, dance and collecting Ethiopian music ( DJ)
- Booking venue in advance
- Collecting money from members
- Advertising the event to the members and inviting guests from different gov’t agencies, political parties and other ethnic communities
- Preparing food and drinks
Degu Geddebo, Nigussie Fenja, Messert Gelashet, Taddesse Mekonen and Mahari Getaneh
How to join
- Members can pay event contribution ahead of time
- Members who didn’t pay event contribution ahead of time will be asked to pay the same amount as above on event day
- Non-members ( people who are not registered as members ) who are not formally invited will pay the same entrance fee
- The fee will cover food and drinks